Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bio Notes on Ivan T. Sanderson




I never met Ivan Sanderson, but was a member of the organization he founded in the sixties, the Society for the Investigation of the Unexplained (SITU). For some reason, probably in the early seventies, I received a three-page bio about him, and it probably came directly from SITU. I made a brief note regarding his death in 1973.


There's so much to say about Ivan, his prolific writing and extraordinary life, and even a lengthy bio can only hint at the things he saw and events he explored. Even in death, however, he remains a rather controversial figure in terms of sorting out some of the truth and fiction about his life. For those familiar with his work and for those who wish to become so, I'll post the bio today. Otherwise, I fear that scans of this specific document may remain unavailable on the Web.