Monday, December 20, 2010

Replication Illustration


There are so many things I would love to feature here from the past, yet I constantly worry about copyrights and infringing upon other people's hard work without proper credit or compensation. My only defense, of course, is that I make no money whatsoever with any of my blogs, so what I place before readers is done strictly out of respect or concern for historical perspective. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I probably don't.

Some of the most amusing UFO-related cartoons appeared in national magazines of the 1960s and 1970s. Many of those formerly stalwart newsstand dwellers are gone forever, victims of the digital age, high expenses and a diminishing readership.

This cartoon, invoking World War II's evil Hitler, graced a page from November 18, 1967's Saturday Evening Post. Despite its vintage, the artist's theme reminded me instantly of researchers such as Dr. David Jacobs and Budd Hopkins. Each has spent years speaking with alleged UFO abduction victims, and some frightening possibilities regarding alien entities interfering with human reproduction have come to light, as many of you already know (you can read their books).

The cartoon almost seems prophetic in a humorously twisted way, and maybe a little scary to anybody familiar with abductee research.