Monday, April 11, 2011

The Reverend Robert Will Save Your Soul


A little Divinity Diversion here: This arrived in the mail way back in 1972, about three months after I left the Air Force. Unfortunately, it was far too late to make me "permanently free of military slavery" (where were these people when my draft notice hit in '68?).

I don't know whether the "Church" still exists, but this came out of California, so I can only assume it flourished and grew. I left out their address--if you really wish to join up, I'll let you search the yellow pages under the category, Umm...

I don't know, maybe I could have thrived if I'd sent in 10 bucks and obtained a certificate allowing me a "Holy Legal Church." Then again, I tend to sleep late on Sundays, so my flock would tire of showing up, only to be locked out, week after week.

But way too cool this would have been. Just make the imitation sheepskin out to The Reverend Robert. Heck yeah, I'll save ya. Oops, too late. . .